Breadcrumbs

FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN

More
03 Dec 2023 16:58 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN
Honestly no I do not! If you call Vern, he talks to people looking for canopy parts and replacement. So, he may have more info for you. A friends son lost one in S. Cali, Bill Lull 619-977-6981 Bill is nice person rebuilding another Coupe and an RV-10. I would think the problem is how light the roller screws are. The pounding of the turbulences. At 100+/- mph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2023 05:48 #2 by Randy Phillips
Replied by Randy Phillips on topic FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN
Just out of curiosity do you know what was failing to cause the canopy's to depart?
Thanks

More
03 Dec 2023 00:22 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN
I never flew with canopy more than 3 or 4 inch open in5644Fback then I knew of Alon flipping Canopies. I made a rig to hold it in place.

More
02 Dec 2023 15:09 #4 by Randy Phillips
Here's my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks

More
02 Dec 2023 10:24 #5 by Robert Tompkins
Replied by Robert Tompkins on topic FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN
Dear Raymond,

We just popped the new canopy in and it fit perfectly.

Perhaps my mechanic did some trick when I wasn't looking. If your give me your email address, I will send your question to my mechanic and see what he says. Did you try and contact Hartmut? He knows pretty much everything and he knows the Alon A2A very well.

Robert Tompkins

More
02 Dec 2023 06:37 #6 by Randy Phillips
I saw in your post that you were working on getting your replacement canopy adjusted some time ago. How did that work out? I am replacing the old plexiglass in my A2 and are having a devil of a time getting the canopy to slide smoothly. I replaced the side rollers as well as the center aft slides (both from Vern) because they were worn so badly, but it just doesn't seem to move well. I have cleaned, polished and "deburred" the tracks but at this point I'm rather stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds