Breadcrumbs

Manuals

More
22 May 2024 22:35 #7 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Manuals
I have been an A&P mechanic for 25+ years. I own and have read all the books/manuals associated with my aircraft. In a word, they suck!

Just call Vernon Gregory at skyport and tell him what you need. He has the same pricing as UNIVAIR. He also has used parts in ‘as removed condition’. I keep my credit card on file and he’ll ask if I’d like it next day or slow boat.

Vernon is a wealth of information. He sent me everything I needed to overhaul my nose-gear and walked me through the rebuild. Remember that logbook entries must be signed off with either approved or acceptable data. (The IPC is neither) so I will always signoff IAW the appropriate service manual & AC 43-13-2B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Holmes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2024 18:01 #8 by Edward Woerle
Manuals was created by Edward Woerle
Just received my Alon Service manual. All I can say is: WOW!!! Interesting reading if you have 15 minutes to spare. What does a young, relatively inexperienced use for guidance? I'm glad I've been around the patch a time or two. Also, I've noticed a complete lack of any kind of illustrated parts catalog. What do Alon owners use for reference? I am truly amazed at the lack of information on this airplane. Will the Forney books work? Any comments welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds