Breadcrumbs

× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

There was a time

More
04 Mar 2022 13:49 #13 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic There was a time
I joined the club in 2005 when I bought my coupe. It makes me so sad and frustrated to look at issues from the 80s and 90s and see the high level of participation. You should try publishing a 16 page newsletter every month when no one submits anything. I have to beg people for content. And try putting on a regional fly-in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gene Bunt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2022 11:26 #14 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic There was a time
Larry, I see you have been here since 2015. The club was much more active in the '90s hence most things was coming into the Capers to be printed. So I guess to Anwer your question ," over the years! "

More
04 Mar 2022 11:01 #15 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic There was a time
Thank you, Matt! Money or lack of staff are understandable. But stagnation will kill you. This forum should be the voice of the Coupe community. The Caper is thin now days. Most people go to their computers for info. I keep Capers as History more than informational. But as you point out there is a load of info in them... It is just finding what you need at that moment!

More
03 Mar 2022 23:12 #16 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic There was a time
Those articles you mention sound really interesting. I never got them, or at least I never saw them. How and when were they sent to the Capers?

More
03 Mar 2022 22:04 #17 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic There was a time
I looked under the article tab, I have looked all over the site and I have not found any. Yes they are in Coupe Capers, but without a index they might as well not exist. I have submitted several articles but the only ones used were flying stories and the smoke system. I wrote about how to perform a compression check correctly and what it can tell you, and another about logbook entries and ADs, but those have never seen the light of day. I have a spreadsheet started to sort the Coupe Capers, but as has been said, it is a huge job, but if someone wants to help, I will email them a copy, if one person does 1 years of newsletters, with enough hands, it could be done quickly.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
03 Mar 2022 09:21 #18 by Gene Bunt
Replied by Gene Bunt on topic There was a time
We have many maintenance articles which are available to everyone on this site. We do not have a staff to put together comprehensive technical articles on every part. We rely on members doing the articles which when sent to us are put into the website and in the Coupe Capers newsletter. At anytime you can write a maintenance article and we will publish it for all.
I want to thank Matt Gunsch on his article on Smoke. I received a few emails about it. It is the members who keep this Organization interesting and informative.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds