Breadcrumbs

× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

There was a time

More
02 Mar 2022 15:13 #19 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic There was a time
I have been gathering and scanning older copies of Coupe Capers, some from you, and other sources, as I do so, if I find something interesting, I add the information to a index spreadsheet I have been assembling,

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2022 12:04 - 02 Mar 2022 12:22 #20 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic There was a time
Thanks Matt. Shawn D posted to me today some Coupe Capers showing the way the community was and how it could be again if the member just started to put in there Two cents. If they look at the older Capers they will see what they missed out on. This platform needs to do better!
Last edit: 02 Mar 2022 12:22 by Warren Hampton.

More
02 Mar 2022 11:49 #21 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic There was a time
Even if you do not have a A&P, This should be the go to site for Coupe information. Maybe a Coupe owner needs some information to give to his A&P, he should be able to come here and find what he needs. A lot of Coupe information falls under "Tribal Knowledge" the only thing is, the tribe is getting older and that information is getting harder to find.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
21 Feb 2022 13:35 - 21 Feb 2022 13:38 #22 by Warren Hampton
I rebuilt engines for cars and trucks for my first 10 yrs. Painted them some too. Had our first Coupe in '85. Had 9 Coupes at one time two flying and others wrecked or a part and have seen owners work Some really fine others piss poor. But if an owner wants to do it him/she self-go for it. It cost less for someone to oversee, than to do it... you have fund for picture of Coupes what is to diff of pic of parts?
Last edit: 21 Feb 2022 13:38 by Warren Hampton.

More
21 Feb 2022 13:16 #23 by Warren Hampton
Gene, thanks for the reply! No not a AP. Just an owner like most of us...Yes i do have more time repairing things than some. I don't want to rewrite the books, but the Coupe is a poor man's airplane, hence many do more on their own. I know Lynn he and grandson stayed at our home when they flew out to Ca from Fla. my brother is an AP&IA so info is not my problem, but it can be for other. There are four different ways to learn. Seeing is one of them and doing is another. Here today there are pics for the control column for a fellow working on his Coupe. See 415 / Forney

More
20 Feb 2022 19:07 #24 by Gene Bunt
Replied by Gene Bunt on topic There was a time
Warren
I am going out on the limb that you are an A/P Mechanic. This site is design for interaction of events, social gatherings, and information about the Ercoupe's. I realize it would be great to have a step by step document on each repair with detailed pictures and instruction. We do not have the resources to do a book on each repair which is better than the manufacturer's manual. If you have questions, Lynn Nelson will help you though .the repair. If you are not an A/P, you need to read FAA Advisory Circular 43-12A. It will detail the maintenance that an owner operator can perform. We do not create or purchase STCs for anything. The cost of insurance is too high. You noted that an access panel could help in the repair, this is something you can do as a Field Approval from the FAA.
If you want to do a detailed article on the repair with pictures, we will publish it on our site for all to use.
Thank you for your interest in this matter. You can call me any time.
Gene Bunt

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds