Breadcrumbs

Electric Fuel Pump Light

More
31 Oct 2021 00:28 - 31 Oct 2021 00:35 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Electric Fuel Pump Light
There are a few 0-200 that have fuel pumps mounted on the case so not all 200 will have elec pumps
Last edit: 31 Oct 2021 00:35 by Warren Hampton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2021 16:19 #2 by Bruce Bennett
Replied by Bruce Bennett on topic Electric Fuel Pump Light
I bought my 415C, 75 HP engine, back in 2006
During its first inspection the A&P found an electric fuel pump
installed in the interior. He said a previous owner probably installed it
as an emergency back-up. Probably works well and is a great idea
but it is not legal. I have to remove it. And he did.

• Lawson Laslo
18 Mar 2021 14:44 #3 by Lawson Laslo
Replied by Lawson Laslo on topic Electric Fuel Pump Light
If you have an O-200 like mine and Pauls you will have an electric fuel pump, it is mounted on the passenger side firewall in the engine compartment.

The c-85 engines have the engine driven fuel pump and therefore have no electric fuel pump...

All the pump does is feed fuel from the wing tanks to the header tank, so worst case if the pump fails you will still have 5-6 gallons in your header tanks thats GRAVITY feed to the carburetor.

Its not like a cherokee where a pump is required to actually feed the carb with fuel, the coupes pump only keeps the header tank topped off with fuel

More
18 Mar 2021 14:01 #4 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Electric Fuel Pump Light
Hello Lawson,
Like Paul Zahner, I too am a new 415D owner (1946)...get it next week. Y'all talk about an electric fuel pump, my understanding on mine, the fuel pump is mechanically driven off of the engine. I asked to current owner about an electric fuel pump and he said there isn't an electric pump. I wish there were at least a backup electric pump.

What can you tell me about the mechanical pump vs electric? Does my 1946 (serial 2963) have an electric pump as well as the mechanical? Which is better, mechanical or electric? Either can fail I know, so can an electric be installed as a backup?

• Lawson Laslo
20 Feb 2021 18:55 - 20 Feb 2021 18:55 #5 by Lawson Laslo
Replied by Lawson Laslo on topic Electric Fuel Pump Light
75" is best, you really dont want to be under 70" or else you will have issues with the coupe wanting to lift a wing when landing/takeoff in crosswinds.
If its below that you might need new "donuts" and if new donuts dont bring it up enough then you can add the spacers from alpha aviation.
alphaaviation.com/ercoupe-main-landing-gear-spacers/
Last edit: 20 Feb 2021 18:55 by Lawson Laslo.

More
20 Feb 2021 17:51 #6 by William James
Replied by William James on topic Electric Fuel Pump Light
What is the recommended height from the ground to the top of the vertical stabilizer . . . is it 75 inches

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds