Breadcrumbs

Wheel pants

More
16 Jan 2023 16:33 #13 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Wheel pants
Robert, put in a pic of your Wheels are there no pads to drill 1/4" # 6 Screws
The newer wheels have pads to drill out for screws.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2023 09:52 #14 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic Wheel pants
Good Lord! I wouldn’t spend money on new rims just to mount hub caps on the rims. Surely there is a better (and cheaper) solution than that! Perhaps tapping your existing holes in with the next size of thread die, and using slightly larger screws?
Thank you for your advice on not drilling into my existing rims, but there are 3 spots where holes could be drilled. I will carefully check the depth available before I go any further. That project is way on the back burner anyway.
Today I ordered a set of vortex generators for my Alon, and I’m very excited about seeing how much difference they will make on takeoff roll, and on stall speed. Cheers,

More
14 Jan 2023 10:05 #15 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Wheel pants
Robert-Based on conversations I had with the manufacturer re. the stripped holes in mine they cautioned about doing that. They said the rim section is relatively thin and if you drilled entirely through you could structurally weaken it. I'm letting the upgrade fund grow enough for new wheels so I can retrofit the wheel covers, sigh.

More
12 Jan 2023 00:19 #16 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic Wheel pants
Actually, I would be happy to just attach a pair of painted hubcaps to the main wheel rims on my Alon.
Alas, the rims have no screw holes drilled in them..
Perhaps I’ll try drilling and tapping threads on each of the wheel rims, so hubcaps can be attached to them?
Any thoughts or tips on doing this? Cheers,

More
08 Jan 2023 14:47 #17 by Warren Hampton
Vern now has the two mounting plates for wheel pants. .

More
20 Oct 2022 13:43 #18 by Warren Hampton
Spring gears are hard to find. It has been 25 years since I last saw any for sale. Vern has 1 connecting plat for the right side and I have the left They were on 5644F .I was going to send it to Vern but have not got around to it.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds