Breadcrumbs

Wheel pants

More
22 Jul 2023 11:49 #7 by James Cato
Replied by James Cato on topic Wheel pants
I came across your post pretty late but I am responding anyway. I have a set of pants laying around. The mounts are still on a 415C that has been sitting for over 20 years that I will let go too.. I haven't advertised for anything yet but I have lots of Ercoupe stuff that I will let go. I have the fortunate/unfortunate ownership of one too many Ercoupes. I am in southern NM @ 88005 for travel/freight calculations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2023 11:54 - 22 Jan 2023 11:56 #8 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic Wheel pants
Ha!Haa!
Warren, I’ll be saving up quite a while to buy those Center bolt hub caps that Univair sells!
Actually, I do have a set of lighter aluminum ones that I’ve already painted the colour of my plane. Then I discovered there were no holes in the rim to attach them to, so I set them aside. Now your post motivated me to move the project forward again. Ain’t life grand!
Last edit: 22 Jan 2023 11:56 by Robert James.

More
22 Jan 2023 11:23 #9 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Wheel pants
Good, before drilling get the hub caps you want so you know where to drill. I sat with a smile.

More
21 Jan 2023 23:40 #10 by Robert James
Replied by Robert James on topic Wheel pants
Warren, the rim in my ‘66 Alon. Is identical to the rim show in an earlier post with the 3 flat spots un drilled.
I think these 3 flat pads that could be drilled and tapped.
I will split the rim and check depth before I drill.
I didn’t mind the smaller hub caps shown I this thread that are attached by a single threaded screw to the dust cover.
I have that dust cover on my wheels too
It certainly cleans up a lot of the mess of an open wheel like mine currently is,…

More
17 Jan 2023 13:52 - 17 Jan 2023 13:59 #11 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Wheel pants
You have the older style Clevelands 40-1? I think as were on my '66 where my '67 Had 40-97a. You are able to have both types of hub caps. By drilling three1/4 " deep # 6 holes on three pads (round things on those 6 outward casting lines as seen on the hub pics
Last edit: 17 Jan 2023 13:59 by Warren Hampton. Reason: extra letter in a word

More
17 Jan 2023 01:21 #12 by Martin Gibbs
Replied by Martin Gibbs on topic Wheel pants

Hi Guys
This is the set up I have on my Alon. I am not sure if this the kind of thing you are looking for, but the hub caps and dust covers can be found on the Univair site. Not cheap, but may be better than drilling into your rims. There are a couple of different options depending on the wheel you have. Rims with screw holes and rims without. If you want to have a look go to the Univair main page. On the menu on the left hand side, go to the bottom and select "tires, wheels and brakes". Then, "cleveland wheels and brakes". Then, "dust shields" and "hub caps".
Hope it helps.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds