Breadcrumbs

Mooney M10 engine mount bushings

More
13 Jan 2022 12:26 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Mooney M10 engine mount bushings
Yes, that is an C. model Cont!..I just pulled my engine to change the mount My rubber were 3 years old and looked like yours but inside they looked new. I think it is the pressure of the flat washer causing them to rip open. ?? the last I knew theM10 with Lyco was down in Texas. I too think it would be a real plane to own...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Philip Laible
  • Topic Author
13 Jan 2022 08:35 #2 by Philip Laible
Replied by Philip Laible on topic Mooney M10 engine mount bushings
thanks for the information...............these mounts (Superior 22387) are super cheap and weak.  YUCK.

Here are a few pictures of mine (attached below). 

Unfortunately, i'm not the owner of the Lycoming powered M10.  I would love to be.  I would prefer its operation...........

My bushings just look shot and bottoms are sagging.  This has to contribute to the cowl hole/airbox mismatch.  BEST!!!  Phil

Attachments:

More
13 Jan 2022 01:42 - 13 Jan 2022 01:46 #3 by Warren Hampton
As for the air-intake. Add engine baffling rubber around the front of the intake to seal the gap. Screw it around the outside with # 6 screws a flat washer and self-locking nuts. If the motor cones are bad, you can see the engine mounting bolt is low off center of the mount rubber. Soming just ticked in my mind. One M10 was built with a Lycoming Engine from the Factory. Are you sure you have a C90? 0320 that would use a lord mount.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2022 01:46 by Warren Hampton.

More
13 Jan 2022 01:10 - 13 Jan 2022 01:15 #4 by Warren Hampton
C90-16F use the same  cone shape as the C65,75,85s Vern has the mount rubber at Skyport, See ads on this sight. I had the wood-wing A model but flew my Alon most of the time.                                                              much more FUN!
Last edit: 13 Jan 2022 01:15 by Warren Hampton.

• Philip Laible
  • Topic Author
12 Jan 2022 17:37 #5 by Philip Laible
Mooney M10 engine mount bushings was created by Philip Laible
Note:  i'm new to forum and the Mooney M10 but not to Mooneys as have been flying an M20C for 15+ years.  I'm currently questioning the bushings used in the M10 engine mounts for my C-90-16F.  They look like Superior 22387s for 12F and earlier.  Continental suggests that -16Fs use Lord assemblies of substantially increased cost.  This is all part of making sure the engine fits right up front because the air intake seems to be a little below where i would expect in relation to the square hole in the front cowl.  Any pictures of current sets of mounts (top two and bottom/sides) would be most helpful.  In addition, any secrets as to how to (and quoting from maintenance manual):  adjust front cowling piece so that airbox with filter lines up and is 1/4 inch in back of opening (dear god; we are 1.5 to 2 inches in some places right now).  THANKS AND HAPPY winter FLYING!

Phil

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds