Breadcrumbs

PITA ( not PETA)

• Laurent Crombet
24 Jul 2019 13:07 - 24 Jul 2019 13:10 #7 by Laurent Crombet
Replied by Laurent Crombet on topic PITA ( not PETA)
Hi all,
I am the happy owner of N9516V, Mooney M10 S/N 700006. The aircraft is based in La Ferte-Alais near Paris, France. AFAIK this is the only M10 flying in Europe, but maybe I am wrong.
I'd like to upgrade my EGT and CHT indicators by an EGT/CHT monitor such like Insight G1 or AeroSpace Logic ECT204 . Both companies refuse to add the M10 in their AML arguing there were too little number of aircrafts produced.
- Do you know other equivalent models that could be installed in the M10?
- Also what do you think of the ECT204 AML that mentions Univar ...M1 (screenshot attached)? Looks like a typo on the company name. Is there also a typo on M1 since I don't know such model?
Thanks!
Laurent
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2019 13:10 by Laurent Crombet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2019 16:41 #8 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic PITA ( not PETA)
I took it that way, sorry if I came across as being critical.
I have been told by a couple of instructors that my M10 would now be a nice preliminary instrument trainer. Having flown in a little marginal weather, I don't think I would ever intentionally go into IMC conditions. The airplane would do it, but it would beat you to death in any serious turbulence. Still, it's nice to have the airplane be capable.

More
12 Jan 2019 12:31 #9 by Mike Then
Replied by Mike Then on topic PITA ( not PETA)
Very nice panel Gordie!

All I was trying to say was any 337 that is issued for a C/D model or newer should apply to an M10. Guess I should not post before my morning coffee.

And yes, I love LEDs and newer technology, though I do try to keep my moon coupe pretty stock.

Mike

More
11 Jan 2019 18:34 #10 by Gordie Meade
I like this panel MUCH more than the panel that came in the M10.
Attachments:

More
11 Jan 2019 18:32 #11 by Gordie Meade
It did work in the 60s and 70s but we have come a looooooong way since then. Incandescent landing lights have a finite life span, generate a bunch of heat, and draw more current. The LED lights are brighter, cooler, and draw less current and have a basically infinite life span. I fully expect the LEDs to outlive me.
We are in an era when even the FAA is recognizing the superiority of the new generation of avionics versus the old stuff, hence the use of certified GPS, EFIS, and the down sizing of the VOR system. I have in my phone, a more dependable and accurate navigation system than existed in the 60s.

More
11 Jan 2019 06:37 #12 by Mike Then
Replied by Mike Then on topic PITA ( not PETA)
For most items, I would point out the M10 carries the same type certificate going all the way back to a C/D model. Obvious changes to the tail and canopy not so much, but landing lights and instruments YES. If it was good enough for the FAA in the 60s, why not today!

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds