Breadcrumbs

Weight and Balance

More
05 Oct 2019 17:28 #1 by Jack Lawless
Replied by Jack Lawless on topic Weight and Balance
Thank you so much. I will check that out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scott Monroe
05 Oct 2019 11:38 #2 by Scott Monroe
Replied by Scott Monroe on topic Weight and Balance
I had the exact same situation with an aft C.G. in my 415-C when I had it weighted recently. They also used -16 and 44. I have a post on sept 29,2019 under general describing the situation. Bottom line, nose wheel arm was -17.5 not -16. Main gear arm was 42.5 not 44. See my post. Drop a plum line from the datum and measure the arms. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Scott

More
28 Sep 2019 14:05 #3 by Jack Lawless
I did get a field approval from the FAA for my EarthX 680c installation in my Alon. It fits in the original battery box with a bracket modification.

More
08 Sep 2019 21:52 #4 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Weight and Balance
email sent to the address on file in the membership directory

More
08 Sep 2019 13:43 #5 by Jack Lawless
I do have a 337 for the EarthX. However, mine is based on a 337 for and earthX that was posted on this coupe site which was installed under a previously approved 337 for N93808. The one on this coupe site was moved and installed behind the rear bulk head. I installed mine in the standard place under the seats. EarthX now has a certified version of their batter which would probably be a better choice. I am not sure how to post my 337 to this site.

More
08 Sep 2019 13:07 #6 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Weight and Balance
Agreed the 1.5# plus or minus in the tail with the ELT doesn't help the aft CG at all. I have an ACK E-04 installed under the hat shelf and the numbers for that installation work out to be: wt.=1.6 arm=57.0 moment=91.20. My belly strobe is a Whelen wt.=1.5 arm=82 moment=123.

I'd like to convert to an EarthX, do you have the 337 you'd be willing to share?

I too could stand to loose 10 pounds on the pilot OEW as well.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds