Breadcrumbs

Alon A-2 Reference Manual

More
22 Nov 2023 15:19 #1 by Patrick McNamara
Replied by Patrick McNamara on topic Alon A-2 Reference Manual
Keith,
I too have a alon a2, having issues with toe brakes. Had some helpers push aircraft into hanger and seems I no longer can get or feel the toe controls. I just ordered a service manual from alpha, hope this helps. Thanks for any help you can provide. Pat McNamara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2023 06:30 #2 by Randy Phillips
Replied by Randy Phillips on topic Alon A-2 Reference Manual
Excellent, thank you. My bushings were rather worn (and steel) so that will help making new ones. Another question. The "lug" callout 79, Detail F and the slides on my canopy had been changed at some point. The lug seemed to have been drilled for a clevis pin and two rollers. When I got the replacement slides (callout 94) from Vern, they are the correct ones as pictured in the parts manual. But...how do they fasten to the lug? I just see the two holes (that are not all the way through) on the slides. Are there pins that attach them to the lug? The Parts Manual doesn't mention anything.

Thanks again, very helpful!!

More
31 Oct 2023 21:51 #3 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Alon A-2 Reference Manual
Try these: 

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
31 Oct 2023 16:22 #4 by Randy Phillips
Replied by Randy Phillips on topic Alon A-2 Reference Manual
I'm replacing all the plexi on my 1965 Alon, s/n 67. I'm finding a lot of "odd" parts installed, specially on the sliding canopy. Do you have any pictures or info about what is correct? And you're right - the Alon manuals are horrible!!!

More
16 Oct 2023 21:44 - 16 Oct 2023 22:18 #5 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Alon A-2 Reference Manual
My Alon went to Matt Gunsch. I would never gotten it finished can't do the 2 415s I still have.
Last edit: 16 Oct 2023 22:18 by Warren Hampton. Reason: spelling

More
16 Oct 2023 19:32 #6 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Alon A-2 Reference Manual
The Alon service manual sucks. I have a 1966 Alon A2 S/N A-48 and I am an A&P flying out of KHMP GA. Contact me directly if you need pictures or need access to the people I use for information. 404-580-7008

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds