Breadcrumbs

Marvel-Shebler and fuel pump overhaul

More
22 Jul 2022 13:55 #13 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Marvel-Shebler and fuel pump overhaul
The new electric fuel pump from Alpha Aviation is around $600 and even adds an annunciator to your panel to light up and tell you the wing tanks are empty. It’s cheaper to put in this STC then buy a new mechanical pump!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randy Branson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2022 13:51 #14 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Marvel-Shebler and fuel pump overhaul
normally when you overhaul an engine, you should do all the other items to make the engine run as well, however, the fuel pump is not needed to run the engine, it is a transfer pump. I am not aware of anyone overhauling them, and new ones are stupid expensive, esp since it is a pump from a Studebaker.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
21 Jul 2022 16:53 #15 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Marvel-Shebler and fuel pump overhaul
My engine rebuilder is indicating that Key components, Starter, Generator, magneto's fuel pump and the replacement Marvel-Shebler carburetor need to be refreshed consistent with the engine rebuild.
Starter will be new, Generator refreshed, along with mag's, and ideally a refreshed fuel pump.
It appears new slick mag's beat's refreshing the old mag's. Fuel pump is an open item.
Comments welcome

More
21 Jul 2022 10:47 #16 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Marvel-Shebler and fuel pump overhaul
you can only install the carbs listed on the TCDS for the engine, as for the pump, if it is working and shows no wear, why mess with it ?

rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Libr...E-233%20rev%2019.pdf

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
21 Jul 2022 10:29 #17 by Paul Gilman
Marvel-Shebler and fuel pump overhaul was created by Paul Gilman
I have just had my 415C C-85 overhauled.  I want to replace my Stromberg with a Marvel-Shebler with mixture control.  Plus I want my fuel pump overhauled rather than buy new.
Which Marvel-Shebler model have you guys used plus what's your level of satisfaction.
As for the fuel pump.. mine is showing no wear and what is your experience in having them overhauled.  Buying a new one seems excessive.  Are they typically overhauled by carburetor maintenance facilities?
Thanks PBG 

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds