Breadcrumbs

Cable is rubbing in main section

More
21 Dec 2022 00:34 - 21 Dec 2022 00:37 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Cable is rubbing in main section
Very good, Thums up! Just check everything and put it all together. cotter pins etc. Hope the Holidays are enjoyable !
Last edit: 21 Dec 2022 00:37 by Warren Hampton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2022 21:16 #2 by RP J
Replied by RP J on topic Cable is rubbing in main section
Here is how it stands now. The block is loose and will je adjusted to the cross point. The lower elevator cable os now no longer rubbing against the top of the mast amd aits just above the fairlead. So this part seems ok now.The block clamps to the lower elevator cable while the two rudders go through the block where the rudder cables cross? see photo
Attachments:

More
08 Dec 2022 17:51 - 08 Dec 2022 17:56 #3 by Warren Hampton
Pic two looks as if there.are two twists in cables. Let's start over. At the top of the mast are the rudder cables. Disconnect them the cables should be free to the block. At the block is the crossover point Hold both cables in both hands Left go to the right, Right go left Neither should be around the top or bottom cable.  YOU HAVE TO DISCONN ...                       
Last edit: 08 Dec 2022 17:56 by Warren Hampton. Reason: Adding more

More
08 Dec 2022 13:03 #4 by RP J
This is what it currently looks like with the lower elevator cable and rudder cable 'now' unwrapped. 

The fairlead had a large indentation on it and now the rudder cable is in the indentation and has slightly down pressure. However, this pressure will be relieved if I pull the block forward or backwards. 

Good discussion here. So far, there have been 4 APs that have looked at it and none of them know how the ercoupe should be rigged...
Attachments:

More
08 Dec 2022 02:20 - 08 Dec 2022 02:31 #5 by Warren Hampton
I have to think about this.1) the fairlead should not be supporting the cable it is only protection. Close to is good. Now the block, Three holes one large = elev. cable. All three have to float for movement of the cables. I first said lower cable and your pic show that. Now the but... I do not remember seeing one that way. I think the block itself is only to space the rudder cable as they connect on the same plane. So I would leave it off until I saw which Elev. is the closest. Let me know, just be sure the rud. cable are crossing.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2022 02:31 by Warren Hampton. Reason: spelling

More
08 Dec 2022 00:10 - 08 Dec 2022 00:29 #6 by RP J
I followed your advise and uncrossed the lower elevator cable with the rudder. The lower elevator cable is now resting on the fairlead as it should! Good eye Warren!

Now I'm trying to figure out how the 'block' connects. The image attached is hard to decipher. It appears the lower cable connects with the rudder cable through the block and the upper fairlead crosses with the other rudder cable outside of the block. The top hole on the block is left empty. Is this correct?

Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Dec 2022 00:29 by RP J. Reason: Last paragraph was off topic.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds