Breadcrumbs

F and M oil filter adapter

More
07 Nov 2023 15:08 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic F and M oil filter adapter
Just for info the screen is soldered to the adapter so it needs to be heated to remove the screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Holmes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2023 23:52 #2 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic F and M oil filter adapter
Thank you for your help, I found the paper work (STC and the Installation Paper) for the Spin on Filter. At this point I am going to assume the screen was removed and the next oil change I will pull it and look... Thanks Again

More
02 Nov 2023 18:50 #3 by David Gilson
Replied by David Gilson on topic F and M oil filter adapter
It was recommended to remove the screen by multiple sources for good reason but the original manufacturer left it optional. I did end up with all the paperwork, one of the other members hooked me up, including a finding that the 337 was not required by one of the fsdo's. If you would like a copy, let me know how to get it to you and I will.

More
02 Nov 2023 18:26 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic F and M oil filter adapter
I have one on my C85. Yes, they remove the screen. I’m moving into another hangar, I’ll hunt for the STC.

More
02 Nov 2023 16:45 #5 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic F and M oil filter adapter
Did you ever get the STC info you needed to clear it up? I too have a F&M model TAF oil filter. My question is do they remover the oil screen when installing the new oil filter add on?

More
21 Mar 2023 05:16 #6 by David Gilson
Replied by David Gilson on topic F and M oil filter adapter
My son is my IA, lucky me. I did order the FAA records and that helped clean some items up but not the oil filter adapter. I've been able to piece a few things together and created a 337 for the local fsdo, I'll have to see how it goes. I'm on vacation this week so call anytime, I'd love to speak with you.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds