Breadcrumbs

nosewheel strut fluid level

• Lynn Kramer
03 Apr 2022 23:11 #7 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic nosewheel strut fluid level
I know I already commented, but I have since been told by my CFI that I should put a spirit level on the cockpit window sill to make sure it is exactly level. He then measured from the ground to the lowest point on the tail. He told be that mine was sitting tail low. He said I needed to replace the rubber donuts in the main gear as they get less effective with time, especially in hot dry climes. I bought some donuts but I am not allowed to install them or anything else as a LSA pilot. I am still a student pilot also, so there is that...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2022 21:13 #8 by Kevin Gassert
Replied by Kevin Gassert on topic nosewheel strut fluid level
The strut height on the ground is not fluid dependent. The nose wheel on the ground is riding on a taxi spring.

• Lynn Kramer
17 Mar 2022 20:13 #9 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic nosewheel strut fluid level
I have read from a source that I don't have at hand that by taking a measurement from a datum point to the ground. If the mearsurement is within parameters, then the nose wheel and the mains too will keep the nose on the ground during the takeoff role until the yoke is brought rearward at 60-65mph. This might be the key to knowing if the strut is the correct height. Please leave a comment if I am off base.

More
10 Dec 2021 05:14 #10 by Kenneth Crofut
Replied by Kenneth Crofut on topic nosewheel strut fluid level
Ercoupe memorandum 41 has the amount of fluid needed.

More
09 Dec 2021 15:59 #11 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic nosewheel strut fluid level
That is an early ser # so I am not sure I will be right! But if it has a gauge it will be part of the plug on top of the outer cylinder over the top fastening bolt to the motor mount. Put out the plug (unscrew) and if you see a wire from it that will be the gauge.

• terrence o'neill
  • Topic Author
20 Oct 2018 12:05 #12 by terrence o'neill
nosewheel strut fluid level was created by terrence o'neill
For s/n 297, to replace/adjust nose wheel strut fluid level, where is the "gage" to see fill level marks?
Also, what is the resujlt of underfill or overfill?
Thanks.
Terrence
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds