Breadcrumbs

9 Cubic Foot Baggage Compartment

More
14 Apr 2023 12:20 #7 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic 9 Cubic Foot Baggage Compartment
Chris Wilson and Chris Longfellow. I am following up again on the 9 cu ft baggage compartment. Chris Wilson, have you completed your installation that you referenced on 7/10/22? there are a couple of us in San Diego looking to do this and numerous others around the country.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2022 09:22 #8 by Chris Longfellow
Replied by Chris Longfellow on topic 9 Cubic Foot Baggage Compartment
Tim, I'm overseas for a while. Feel free to email me at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I we can coordinate a time which I can give you a ring.

More
20 Jul 2022 19:50 #9 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic 9 Cubic Foot Baggage Compartment
Thanks Chris. I'd like to give you a call to discuss, what's your number? Mine is 619-750-4289.

Tim

More
10 Jul 2022 13:49 #10 by Chris Wilson
Replied by Chris Wilson on topic 9 Cubic Foot Baggage Compartment
I purchased both the 9CF baggage compartment STC and the STC for the panel mount relocation of the Master from Alpha here  alphaaviation.com/ercoupe-9cf-baggage-co...stc-design-approval/   and since this package is "owner produced parts"...see next paragraph.

A bit of a warning, the drawings for the baggage are a collection of proper single sheet prints, and a large number which have been printed on standard printer A4 sheets-so they span 2 pages.  In so doing, there are "dead" areas in the margins of the drawing pages and the scaling is imprecise so you cannot lift some of the curves directly-or measure dimensions for transfer to materials.  Usable, but more difficult than would have been if done all on single printouts.  

They provide a nice hardware package to go with it so you have everything needed on the h/w side.   I am knee deep in getting the patterns cut now-will update as finished.

More
13 Apr 2022 15:34 #11 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic 9 Cubic Foot Baggage Compartment
see if Vernon has one you can pull from one of his wrecks.

Take the measurements from an existing one, Get a copy of the STC,
have your AP/AI fabricate it and submit paperwork to FSDO and install.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Longfellow

More
12 Apr 2022 18:42 - 14 Apr 2022 09:29 #12 by Chris Longfellow
Replied by Chris Longfellow on topic 9 Cubic Foot Baggage Compartment
Thanks Tim I would appreciate any insight.
I'm headed down the same path... refresh the panel and upgrade the interior. Would love to have the extended baggage along with a new Airtex interior.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2022 09:29 by Chris Longfellow.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds