Breadcrumbs

Looking for this plane

More
11 Jan 2022 13:27 - 11 Jan 2022 14:17 #7 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Looking for this plane
Yes! there are a lot of wrecked Coupes out there that are still flying. I had 9 at one time And Paul's would have been in my group. That was what I was going to do in retirement... Data plates do get move to differ airframes that does not mean there is anything wrong with the airframe. I am looking now for a CD plate. I have a good airframe with no papers lost when the owner passed.   Both Pic have short gear fairing.  Those were Steel gear fairing on alum gear.  About being totaled, Cost to repair Vs. value of the airplane is how the Insurance company looks at it. If cost of repairs is over a set % of value, the airplanes are then a total loss. This fire was out quickly some wiring and hoses and the cowling. Paper work ? It just was not reregistered yet. So?? We do not know why. they have 5 years to do so to keep  the N number.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2022 14:17 by Warren Hampton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Holmes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2022 13:09 #8 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Looking for this plane
Paul Anton was a member 25 +/- year ago. This airplane had a carb fire while he was trying to start it. I was going to buy it. But he got it back from the Insur. Comp first... Paul was still around back a few years ago. He was then living in Flagstaff Az I believe it was, in Az somewhere.

More
07 Jan 2022 10:56 #9 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Looking for this plane
the N number is reserved, meaning it is not assigned to any aircraft. registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/Search/...ult?nNumberTxt=2409h, Think someone is trying to pull a fast one. If you were not looking for a C model, I know where there is a nice E model for sale.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
07 Jan 2022 10:20 #10 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic Looking for this plane
My thoughts are that those two aircraft are the same one.  My hope was that someone on this forum would recognize it.  I must admit this is quite a learning experience.  Then I see all the folks with their shinny Ercoupe's,  keeps me all charged up.   Thanks again

More
07 Jan 2022 10:10 #11 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Looking for this plane
Aren't some planes that are "totaled" purchased back from the insurance company and rebuilt? It would still be worth a good pre-buy inspection prior to purchase.

More
07 Jan 2022 09:41 #12 by Terry Reece
Replied by Terry Reece on topic Looking for this plane
sites.google.com/view/ercoupe-for-sale
Here is one that was in Lynden. And is for sale

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds