Breadcrumbs

Trim System Ercoupe serial numbers 123-1623.

• Topic Author
25 Apr 2016 14:54 #1 by 9675
Excuse me to bother you again, my plane is still seating in the hangar with the tail cone removed, because my mechanic is waiting for your pictures. Appreciate your help! Angela Floyd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
23 Mar 2016 15:08 #2 by 9675
No problem at the panel, is according to Manuals.
Appreciate your update, she is just with bag tail cone remove since last talk, waiting to finish the work.
Have a nice week, Angela.

More
11 Mar 2016 12:47 #3 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Trim System Ercoupe serial numbers 123-1623.
Yes..sorry for taking too much time..
Our weather has been bad and my plane is a distance in our second hanger..I will see if my partner can send us pictures.. I remember the spring and the pulley and cable but a picture will make it clear.. Sorry for the delay..PBGilman.. Is your cable properly attached at the spoon on the instrument panel..That was the tricky part..

• Topic Author
11 Mar 2016 10:35 #4 by 9675
Still waiting for the pictures. Thank you!
Joe & Angela.

• Topic Author
27 Feb 2016 15:11 #5 by 9675
Thanks a lot for your answer. Is it easy to you to take pictures of the part number that the spring is attached to ?
Also photos will help.
Ours used to have like a pulley at the right side of the fuselage and the trim cable went straight to an small tab under the elevator, it was not spring. Nothing like that found in the manuals.
We ordered the spring but the part doesn't have were to attach it. For that we want to look how yours looks. Thanks.

We will wait for pictures to discuss with A& P further actions. Thanks again and have a great day!

More
27 Feb 2016 14:08 #6 by Paul Gilman
Replied by Paul Gilman on topic Trim System Ercoupe serial numbers 123-1623.
Yes we have the spring trim system..and I can send you a picture after I get out to my airplane..we had the cable break at the instrument panel ..and we threaded the trim cable after locating a new one..the cable comes up thru a pulley at the tail and attaches to the end of the spring..with no tension the elevator deflects to the up position..as the cable tightens the cable pulls on the spring..
As you turn the handle at the dash clockwise it rims the nose up..you can feel the tension be released for nose down trim..Interesting but it works..just make sure you can over-ride the trim for full elevator deflection..There are rigging instructions in the service manual.. PBGilman N94087
The following user(s) said Thank You: 9675

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds