Breadcrumbs

Control rigging.

More
18 Aug 2022 19:22 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Control rigging.
The short wing Pipers had the rudders linked with the ailerons, but it was a bungee cord setup, so it could be overridden with a little force. You can cross control it by going against the bungees.

The real issue, however, isn’t connecting up the control surfaces. The real problem is the landing gear. By definition a 2-control airplane demands very tough landing gear, since you have to land in a crab. No other airplane has gear tough enough for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lynn Kramer
  • Topic Author
18 Aug 2022 19:05 #2 by Lynn Kramer
Control rigging. was created by Lynn Kramer
My Ercoupe is very easy for me to fly, I love it. I have semi-handicapped lower legs and they may get worse over time. 

My question is: Would it be possible to rig other aircraft such as a Vans to be controlled in the same manner as an Ercoupe? So that the rudder and the ailerons are controlled without pedals? There may come a time that my Ercoupe would not be able to be maintained and I might need to move to another type.

I have read that Jessica Cox was working with Vans to build such a craft, but have not heard anything lately about that project. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds