Breadcrumbs

Center section sun sheld on sliding side windows

More
27 Jun 2016 15:39 #1 by Tom Murrell
Replied by Tom Murrell on topic Center section sun sheld on sliding side windows
I'm looking to get rid of mine also. I believe it is a safety issue since only one person can egress at a time.

Tom Murrell
N94856

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2016 11:46 #2 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Center section sun sheld on sliding side windows
My plane came with a painted aluminum center piece but I've never used it. I like looking up and seeing the sky (not to mention traffic).

• Tim Treat
29 May 2016 17:43 - 29 May 2016 17:44 #3 by Tim Treat
Replied by Tim Treat on topic Center section sun sheld on sliding side windows
I have one. It's made of smoked plexi and slips out of the track easily. You roll it all the way to pass side to get in.

It's too wide for my taste. I am considering chopping it in half.
Last edit: 29 May 2016 17:44 by Tim Treat.

• cubvarga
  • Topic Author
28 May 2016 08:54 #4 by cubvarga
I have noticed on some Coupes that there is a center section over the pilot's head either made of sheet metal or sheet plastic material. Either to totally block any vision through it or tint it to reduces the sun's light with the ability to still see through it.
How would it be installed and removed. Also noted was both side windows could be lowered on a warm day or just one to rest your arm on window sill with cover over pilots head. Is this something that may be worth looking in to. Or should I just forget about bothering with it and chalk it up to more work than worth. TKS.....

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds