Breadcrumbs

Annoying vibration

More
07 Jun 2016 20:51 #7 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Annoying vibration
Put about 8 ounces of MMO in the oil, too. Or add some Avblend or Camguard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10035, 10138

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
07 Jun 2016 20:50 #8 by 10138
Replied by 10138 on topic Annoying vibration
Thanks ! I've had a couple folks tell me to look at EVERYTHING, motor mounts ..etc.
It is very frustrating for sure. I did put some Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel today..,maybe that will help with the "mystery"....

More
06 Jun 2016 21:35 #9 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Annoying vibration
I had the same problem. I had two problems. First, I had a sticking lifter. It was obvious at idle, you could hear it lope rhythmically. But I also had a weird, non-rhythmic vibration. Turns out the flap in my air box had gotten disconnected from the carb heat cable and spring. It was flapping randomly. Needless to say, it wasn't too good for engine performance. Runs fine now, and vibration is back to normal. Just goes to show, it can be darn near anything!

• Topic Author
06 Jun 2016 21:16 #10 by 10138
Annoying vibration was created by 10138
So...in the last 12 months I have replaced :
Wiring harness
P-leads
Spark plugs
New Marvel Carb
I have also rebuilt :
Mags, (one twice)
Cleaned mag switch
And had my prop overhauled two weeks ago.
Completed my annual last week.
Since two weeks before the annual, I developed a moderate vibration that starts at about 1900 rpm and stays thru the higher ranges but gets a little better towards 2300rpm.
It started one day in the pattern suddenly. I don't know what is left to check, I have physically searched for any loose components..none found. During last annual AP was confident a prop overhaul would solve it but of course it has no effect other than a slick paint job.
Anyone have ideas ???

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds