Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe Minimum Equipment List

More
24 Jul 2016 13:53 #1 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Ercoupe Minimum Equipment List
You friends seem to be debating two unrelated questions; Is there an MEL for the 415-C, and do instruments have to be functioning.

I also have never seen an MEL for the 415-C so I suppose one could argue that no instruments are required. On the other hand, there were a few instruments in the aircraft when certified (listed in drawing 415-51016), so one could argue those are the only ones required (you would have better luck with that argument). BTW, none of those instruments were TSO'd, hence the popular and generally successful argument that non-TSO'd instruments are acceptable. That is kind of the nature of classic aircraft, the standards are grandfathered. Unless of course, the FAA was compelled to issue an over riding AD on the subject. . In the end, it doesn't really matter who is correct, what matters is who your IA thinks is correct.

As for the second question, if an instrument isn't functioning, it has to be labeled as such so someone doesn't try to use it. It doesn't really matter if it is on an MEL or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10109

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
23 Jul 2016 13:20 #2 by 10109
Ercoupe Minimum Equipment List was created by 10109
I have been unable to locate an original minimum equipment list for the instrument panel of a 1946 415-C.. I'm having a disagreement with a friend about what MUST be on the panel. One is saying that all instruments on the panel must work in order to be air worthy even if they are not on a MEL.. The other says that Ercoupe never issued a MEL for the 415-c. So it is one of the few exemptions by the FAA on this because Ercoupe never issued one. Who is correct? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds