Breadcrumbs

STC weight limit problem about light sport.

• Chris Pirrmann
02 Jan 2017 09:17 #7 by Chris Pirrmann
Replied by Chris Pirrmann on topic STC weight limit problem about light sport.
Does that mean that with the E model elevator it still qualifies for light sport? What effect does the up travel then have on the 'un-stallability' of the airplane?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arlan Allen
20 Dec 2016 23:16 #8 by Arlan Allen
Replied by Arlan Allen on topic STC weight limit problem about light sport.
I understand the age and getting under the panel! I will be 68 in 2 months. In my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions!

I would get the STC for the E model elevator. All work is outside. The best part is you will retain the good pitch control. Up elevator travel will be 20 degrees. The change to 9 degrees up travel will degrade your pitch control. But you will like the weight increase. It will allow 10 gallons more fuel! Without a noticeable change in performance.

Good luck,
Arlan
N3989H

• Thom Darrow
16 Dec 2016 10:01 #9 by Thom Darrow
Replied by Thom Darrow on topic STC weight limit problem about light sport.
I just received the STC from Alpha on the 1320 upgrade. It says in the manual that I need to change the elevator travel from 13 deg. to 9 deg.. The STC said to move the stop aft. by one inch on the shaft for the steering wheel's. Is this going to be like putting an octopus into a fruit jar. Or will it be easy. I know the tube needs to be drilled and the bolt reinstalled to change the up travel stop to 9 deg.. I find anything to do with me putting my head under the dash makes for a lot of pain for a 68 year old man. Any easy tricks to this job Larry or anyone else.TKS....

• Larry McCartin
  • Topic Author
05 Oct 2016 14:08 #10 by Larry McCartin
Replied by Larry McCartin on topic STC weight limit problem about light sport.
Thanks soooooooooooo much for the help. Regards, Larry

• Jerry Claxton
03 Oct 2016 18:36 #11 by Jerry Claxton
Replied by Jerry Claxton on topic STC weight limit problem about light sport.
The 415-C has a max weight of 1260lbs. There is an STC to increase it to the LSA weight of 1320lbs. You get an extra 60lbs. That's okay but some have converted them to the 415-D at 1400lbs and that is not LSA and can't be changed back to the 415-C.

More
25 Sep 2016 23:28 #12 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic STC weight limit problem about light sport.
Only if the increase in weight is in excess of that allowed for light sport, 1320 pounds.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds