Breadcrumbs

I’m done!

More
10 Sep 2024 07:42 #1 by Raymond Knox
Replied by Raymond Knox on topic I’m done!
This is a good thread. After a year on this site. I must admit, I post more on Matt’s Ercoupe FB page than this; simply because this site is more difficult. I have yet to figure out how to post a pic using my iPhone or iPad. My temps to start a new thread were failures. If its because I refuse to buy a computer; oh well. When I retired for good, I said good by and good riddance to those things. And I use to build PC’s and build web pages for organizations. This site is antiquated. But still has good content. You just have to hunt for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Swartwout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2024 22:58 - 09 Sep 2024 23:05 #2 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic I’m done!
Larry, I was away from EOC 14- or 15-year other thing became more importin in my life. Things changed a lot in that time. People I had known Died, Other moved on. Just region 7 became less active a lot less active! People less connected physically. The internet is the reason. Matt Gunsch had problems with one of the Coupe sites, so he started his own. In my personal opinion the best, With tons of users. All this is by no way you're so any others club member doing. I think we all want more here. you can't do it yourself. We know that. Please do not take any of this personally... You are doing great with what you have to work with !
Last edit: 09 Sep 2024 23:05 by Warren Hampton. Reason: Add more

More
09 Sep 2024 14:00 #3 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic I’m done!
I apologize, I didn’t mean to be adversarial. I was just making a point that we only get what we as members put in. Sorry if I offended you.

More
09 Sep 2024 13:23 #4 by Eric Ingram
Replied by Eric Ingram on topic I’m done!
I don't think I was attempting to be adversarial on any topic, just merely pointing out the general trends among internet forums, so I'm not sure why any aggression is pointed my way.

I've been a member here for less than a year at this point, and believe I've started 3 threads. Trying to do my part for when I can add value.

More
09 Sep 2024 12:30 #5 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic I’m done!
I'm sorry Eric feels this way. I also would like to see more interaction on the Club pages, but you know what Eric?  It takes members, new and old to submit content before there will be anything "relevant" to read.  Eric, have you submitted any content?  I have. 

Larry Snyder does a yomans chore trying to solicit material for the Capers and along with that the club's forums as well.  But he can't create something out of nothing.  

I will be an EOC Member and contribute where I can as long as I own an Ercoupe.  Alon's and Mooney's count as well as the ERCOs.  So, before you berate the group as a whole, take action and get conversation started.  It's your EOC Membership right to do so.

ENOUGH SAID!

More
07 Sep 2024 14:56 #6 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic I’m done!
I didn’t realize $30 was a “premium”. That will not buy you one (1) spark plug for your coupe!
Every club has to have a way to support itself. That’s usually dues. There are “free” places like FB, which is chock full of ads.
If the club is no longer of use to Ercoupe owners, people will vote with their feet (or wallets) and it will shrivel and die.
Personally, I treasure the fellowship of the many people I’ve gotten to know through this club, and my $30 x 19 was worth it. And that won’t even buy a single cylinder any more!!

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds