Breadcrumbs

I’m done!

More
26 Aug 2024 07:31 #13 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic I’m done!
I know this is a quiet forum. I wish more members would participate but at least it’s a civil group. There is an Ercoupe discussion group that I was part of years ago but I left because it became repetitive and uncivil. Discussions about trivialities would go on endlessly and while there was a lot to read, it was not worth my time. I don’t know how to get on that group any more, it moved to another place after I left. You might also take a look at a couple of Facebook groups about Ercoupes. I left Facebook out of protest years ago. This is the only forum I have outside of personal interactions with people I respect.

This club, like many others, is struggling to keep itself relevant in a world of immediate gratification and communication. I’ve been a member for 19 years and yes, sometimes I long for the “good old days”. It seems that our membership is aging like our airplanes. I hope for more younger members, but the cost of aviation has increased way more than can be explained by inflation.

The internet has given us several places to share with folks, but it also seems to foster impatience and rudeness. I hope you can find a forum that meets your needs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randy Branson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2024 00:20 #14 by Keith Whitcomb
I’m done! was created by Keith Whitcomb
I experience a fair bit of difficulty getting signed up EOC.   A year later I just got a notice to renew.  

This forum is not even close to a place for lively discussion.   A quick check of recent forum topics show only 20 posts in the last month.  

I am an A&P/owner/pilot.  I have offered others help and have wondered why I was never listed as such int the directory.   It’s ok.  I’m retired and don’t need the work.

I’ve had fellow members dismiss me and Aircoupe as ‘oh that’s an Alon’.  As if it wasn’t good enough.

I love flying my Aircoupe.  I hate signing in to EOC every weekend only to find nobody has posted a dam thing.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds