Breadcrumbs

I’m done!

More
07 Sep 2024 14:34 #7 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic I’m done!
There might be ‘a ton of information’ on this site. I’ve been a A&P mechanic for over 25 years. Most of your information isn’t unique to this airframe.

In my year of being a member, I’ve shared my knowledge and helped other members.

Like I said. I wouldn’t mind being kept updated on Ercoupe events (even though I own an Alon) and continue to provide information and helping other members. However the EOC is charging a premium for a access to a near nonexistent website

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2024 16:29 #8 by Eric Ingram
Replied by Eric Ingram on topic I’m done!
I think this is a problem with almost every non-social media-centric forum that is not unique to this site. As a newer member, I visit this site a few times per week, and while there might not be much 'action' there is a ton of useful information. Almost every question I'd want to ask, so far, has previously been discussed, which is great, but then reduces the number of posts I would have made. It's a double-edged sword.

To keep forums like this engaged, you essentially need daily new content, which is tough.

The good news is I see more and more people buying Ercoupes and posting about it on FB, so the more we can drive their enthusiasm to this site, the more engaged they'd likely be.

More
06 Sep 2024 16:15 #9 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic I’m done!
Well, There are so few members now. And yes you are right not the action there used to be. We have not keep up with the times. To many other sites to view...

More
01 Sep 2024 00:21 #10 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic I’m done!
I’m an A&P. I try to help when I can. I used to check this page daily. Now I check it once a week and am surprised if anything has been posted.

I purchased a had been flying, RV7 project. It was day VFR ONLY, no light, no attitude indicator, I’m in the process of upgrading to full IFR with autopilot.

The information and support available on the vansairforce is at the extreme opposite end of the spectrum to this morgue.

I’d like to keep up with EOC activities. I still fly my Aircoupe and can’t see letting it go. I am insulted to be asked to financially support this site and get so little back in return.

As far as fakebook. My wife has an account. I don’t. My digital profile is almost nonexistent.

More
30 Aug 2024 20:20 #11 by Raymond Knox
Replied by Raymond Knox on topic I’m done!
You are right. Its not an easy forum for posting, so many ppl do not bother with it. I think Alons are great. Mine is a 2 control 1945 415-C. If I was not slowly loosing use of my legs, I would gladly own & operate a 3 control. Such as most Alons. A friend of mine has one. It’s actually a bit easier to tinker on. Pls post on the Ercoupe FB page. Would like to see your flying adventures in your plane.

More
26 Aug 2024 07:42 #12 by Bill Swartwout
Replied by Bill Swartwout on topic I’m done!
I am recently back - with my second Ercoupe. I sold my first one about 10 years ago. Bought the plane in late May, had it ferried to me in late June and had a successful Flight Review on July 16th. I am happily back in the air and always looking for 'Coupe Conversation.

I have been having some issues with flying - because it has either been far too hot (97 on the day of my Flight Review) - or the President has been at his beach house - which puts southern Delaware under a TFR. For example, he arrived last evening and is staying until after Labor Day - so I cannot fly for another eight days. But I did get in 1:45 yesterday - on a gorgeous August day.

I will try to check in here more often and find (or create) something to discuss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randy Branson

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds