Breadcrumbs

Autopilot

More
20 Nov 2021 15:01 - 20 Nov 2021 15:49 #1 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Autopilot
Just spotted a Briton B-4 used autopilot on BARNSTORMERS in the AVIONICS section, $500. Don't know if it is adaptable to an Ercoupe. Time to do some research with your local avionics shop about the B-4.

If you are starting from scratch, maybe you can get an approval for this King system
www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=1700173
Last edit: 20 Nov 2021 15:49 by Michael Hainen. Reason: add info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2021 17:22 #2 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic Autopilot
Friendly FSDO..... isn't that an oxymoron?

More
10 Nov 2021 09:51 #3 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Autopilot
I believe you are correct re. a Brittain autopilot. Unfortunately they are not currently available. I contacted Brittain a while back and they indicated they "might" go back into production but with the advances in technology and new systems I very much doubt it. I would love to get an autopilot in my Alon but there aren't any available for out 'coupes. It might be possible to do with a friendly FSDO via a 337.

More
09 Nov 2021 21:46 - 09 Nov 2021 21:48 #4 by Gordie Meade
Autopilot was created by Gordie Meade
I know, or at least was told, that Brittain had an autopilot that was installed in an Ercoupe in the past but have not seen or heard of anything recent. Has anyone done an installation? I am looking for heading and altitude hold mostly. In IMC conditions, I would think it would simplify the pilot's work load. 
I'm not sure that I would intentionally fly into hard IMC but I surely would like to be able to get out if I got trapped.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2021 21:48 by Gordie Meade.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds