Breadcrumbs

9CF Baggage Compartment --parts fabrication

More
13 Feb 2023 20:28 #13 by Mike Simmons
Replied by Mike Simmons on topic 9CF Baggage Compartment --parts fabrication
I'm in the same situation. I have the Alpha Aviation STC and the hardware kit but I haven't had any luck finding a fabricator. If someone wants to make a batch of kits please let me in on it!

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2023 22:15 #14 by Chris Longfellow
Replied by Chris Longfellow on topic 9CF Baggage Compartment --parts fabrication
Putting final touches on the baggage compartment.  The compartment is done... adding headset jack housings on the side walls as well as a battery charging point on the side wall.  Very pleased with how it is coming out.
Some deviations from the STC:
-Aft bulkhead is a one piece panel which is secured with fasteners into nut plates (for easy access at Annual)
-Master switch moved to top of right side panel (along with the Master Relay switch STC), with doubler added for rigidity
-Headset jack housings added to side panels (not in pics yet)
-Battery charging jack added to side wall, with doubler added for sidewall rigidity  
-horizontal angle extrusion added to aft wall and to seat back, with holes drilled... to be used to secure the cargo net

more to come tomorrow...

More
07 Feb 2023 22:13 #15 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic 9CF Baggage Compartment --parts fabrication
Maybe a few of us should give together, it is easier to have 3 or 4 kits made at one time. My project has the 337 for one but it was removed. And I do not want to pay the price for a STC!

More
07 Feb 2023 14:02 #16 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic 9CF Baggage Compartment --parts fabrication
Chris,
That sounds great, we can all go to school on you. I look forward to seeing those photos and whatever other insights you may have.
Tim

More
07 Feb 2023 13:53 #17 by Chris Longfellow
Replied by Chris Longfellow on topic 9CF Baggage Compartment --parts fabrication
That’s great. My A&P found another A&P at our field with a good metal working background, so over the past couple months the two of them have been fabricating the parts and fitting them in. I’ll post some pictures later… mine is unique as I’m using a one piece back bulkhead (the STC has two halves for the aft wall).
Happy I got it done, but wish I could have had extra sets of parts made to help the community. I still think fabricating 5 or so sets of parts would be easy to sell (to supplement the STC purchase from Alpha).

More
07 Feb 2023 13:05 #18 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic 9CF Baggage Compartment --parts fabrication
I have a guy in San Diego, Gillespie Field (KSEE) who says he can do it. For me it's been on the back burner, hoping to get around to it later in 2023. His name is Neil Meek 619-992-8667

Tim

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds