Breadcrumbs

STC for an Ercoupe on skis

More
14 Oct 2022 11:47 #1 by Eric Bellings
Replied by Eric Bellings on topic STC for an Ercoupe on skis
Thank you very much Doug! I will check that out and thank you very much for your time!

I was told by my mechanic that an STC is required but otherwise I am unsure of the legality for the STC or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2022 08:43 - 13 Oct 2022 18:35 #2 by Doug Forbes
Replied by Doug Forbes on topic STC for an Ercoupe on skis
There are photos on the interweb of a 415-C, C-FBNU, on skis. The "Airport-Data" site has a good wintertime image that shows all 3 skis pretty well.  The aircraft is based in Orangeville Ontario and is still on the Transport Canada civil aircraft registry. The plane is in the Owner Maintenance category and the owner's name & address are on the TC site (Google "CCAR Web - Quick search"). I don't have any direct knowledge of the plane or owner but this might be a start. Good luck!

Added note:  is an STC even needed?  Skis are item 203 on the A-718 type certificate,  "eligible on all models", so long as there's a minimum 9-inch ground clearance for the prop.  The Federal A-1500 skis are mentioned specifically.  Max weight 1500 lbs.  Maybe someone on the forum with more legal smarts could help out with this one?
Last edit: 13 Oct 2022 18:35 by Doug Forbes. Reason: To add a note.

More
06 Oct 2022 13:56 #3 by Eric Bellings
STC for an Ercoupe on skis was created by Eric Bellings
Hello everyone.  I have been searching for the STC to put a 1946 coupe on skis.  If anyone knows someone that has put one on skis or can help in any way that would be great.

Thank you for your time!

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds