Breadcrumbs

Goodyear Nose wheel assembly 9532962 parts

More
15 Jun 2023 02:17 #1 by Martin Gibbs
Replied by Martin Gibbs on topic Goodyear Nose wheel assembly 9532962 parts

Hi All;
A big thank you to Vern Gregory for finally solving the nose wheel bearing issue on my Alon.
I should have called him first as we all know.
It turns out that I had all the correct parts for my nose wheel after all. Vern told me that the Alon has a different set up. No recess/groove for a snap ring to fit in to to hold the bearing and cup into place. These are the only two parts needed for  my particular Goodyear nose wheel assembly. The bearing has an integral rubber flange that seals the unit when placed inside the cup. And that's it. "Good to go" as Vern said. The rubber flange had separated from one of my original bearings which lead me on this little journey. A quick call to Vern and he sent me the proper replacement parts.
I included the pictures for any of you that might have the same issue.
Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2023 08:44 #2 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Goodyear Nose wheel assembly 9532962 parts
McFarlane Aviation Products- www.mcfarlaneaviation.com

More
01 Mar 2023 00:02 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Goodyear Nose wheel assembly 9532962 parts
John, where is the list of wheel bearing parts from? I would like to contact them. Thanks, Warren H 760-224-2065

More
10 Jan 2023 22:38 #4 by Martin Gibbs
Replied by Martin Gibbs on topic Goodyear Nose wheel assembly 9532962 parts
Thanks RPJ.
I believe the same. Have to convince my friend to pull his nose wheel so I can have a good look at the differences, then find/make the needed dust cover. Maybe on his next annual.
M

More
08 Jan 2023 18:45 - 08 Jan 2023 19:06 #5 by RP J
It appears your friend has tapered unsealed bearings with a metal dust cover, while you have sealed bearings? I would think that the sealed bearings on your forks should have a spacer between the lower race and inside of the fork to prevent it from moving. As it is now, it is just held in place by being pressed on...

On second look, it could just be grease that I'm mistakenly seeing as a seal. If so, you need the dust cover/spacer, like your friends wheel has. This will keep dirt off the bearings and hold the inner race in place. 
Last edit: 08 Jan 2023 19:06 by RP J.

More
18 Dec 2022 10:20 #6 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Goodyear Nose wheel assembly 9532962 parts
Martin-
The Parker rep wouldn't commit to a direct replacement but implied the 40-77 would work, which is also evidenced in his email reply I copied. I suspect there would not be any issues using one, and I have that as an item on my "improvements" list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Gibbs

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds