Breadcrumbs

Snap vents

More
25 Jun 2019 16:30 #13 by Mike Then
Replied by Mike Then on topic Snap vents
Thanks Henry. My M10 is basically an Alon, and I unlatch the canopy for more airflow. So yes, agree anything to improve the airflow is helpful! I would rather not unlatch the canopy, other than more than half way open. Thanks for the post/info...

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
25 Jun 2019 13:20 #14 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Snap vents
Yes. The air flow is better hot and cold. Flying an Alon in the summer can be unpleasant without them. It should take less than one hour and $20 to do it with no permanent changes to the airplane. Call me at 573-322-5747 if you would like to discuss it.
Henry

More
25 Jun 2019 12:04 #15 by Mike Then
Replied by Mike Then on topic Snap vents
Henry-

Did your snap vents improve your heat flow last winter as you anticipated? Thanks...

Mike

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
10 Oct 2018 21:20 #16 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Snap vents
The Snap vents are model A-2-100. They are plastic. No scat tubing is needed. This is fast, effective and cheap. To me, it is a necessity.

More
10 Oct 2018 21:08 #17 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Snap vents
Do you have a part number for the snap vent, and are they plastic? Did you use scat tubing as described on the Ercoupe Info site www.ercoupe.info/?n=Main.AlonAircoupeCabinVentilation ?

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
10 Oct 2018 10:29 #18 by Henry Pasquet
Snap vents was created by Henry Pasquet
I am including a picture of two of the four Snap vents on my Alon. They made flying this summer comfortable and will make flying this winter warmer. We cut holes in inspection panels and pushed them in. The were attacked with the same screws, eliminating any cutting or new holes on the airframe. They face backward to pull air through the cockpit. My Kestrel recorded 10 mph wind in the cockpit at the instrument panel below the throttle/ fuel mixture. It is nice to have fresh air flowing through the cockpit. It would also prevent any carbon monoxide problems from a defective exhaust system. The four Snap vents cost $ 31.00. The old Ercoupes do not need this mod.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds