Breadcrumbs

Snap vents

More
18 Mar 2021 10:30 #7 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Snap vents
You said two of the four were pictured. Where did you place the other two? Did you put them below the baggage area? Where is air input coming from; did you have to add a vent in the firewall?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
17 Mar 2021 14:21 #8 by Henry Pasquet
Replied by Henry Pasquet on topic Snap vents
As mentioned, Aircraft Spruce has them. My A&P cut holes in the inspection plates on the bottom of the fuselage and popped them in. The are non-structural and easily returned to original configuration with new inspectional plates. No holes or changes are made to the airframe. The airplane is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Henry

More
17 Mar 2021 12:23 #9 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Snap vents
I am new (really really new) to Ercoupe. I just bought a 1946 415D. Where did would I go to get the snap vents and what was the install process? I'm assuming it would require an A&P and a 337???

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
16 Mar 2021 07:00 #10 by Henry Pasquet
I bought them at Aircraft Spruce. P/N 05-01178-79. They were less than $20.00. They cure the ventilation problem in the Alon.
Henry

More
16 Mar 2021 06:05 #11 by Robert Tompkins
Replied by Robert Tompkins on topic Snap vents
Dear Henry,

I was browsing through the topics and this one peaked my interest. It seems like an elegant solution to the ventilation problem in my Alon.

Can you please let me know how I can order these vents? While my Alon is located in Germany, I will be traveling to the US (Florida) in April and would like to pick these up and bring them back with me.

Many thanks
Robert Tompkins
N5478F

• Henry Pasquet
  • Topic Author
25 Jun 2019 18:39 #12 by Henry Pasquet
I lost climb and cruise with the canopy open. It also spread the canopy making it harder to close.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds