Breadcrumbs

FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN

More
10 Feb 2021 20:10 #1 by Gordie Meade
Replied by Gordie Meade on topic FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN
You won't have much of an issue in level flight exceeding 100 mph. In fact, at cruise with the canopy open I can only get about 95-96. Where you would have to watch it is in descent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2021 18:26 #2 by Scott Engelhart
Replied by Scott Engelhart on topic FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN
John,
Thank you for the response! I agree that if I fly with open canopy, (something I really want to experience) I'd certainly observe the 100 mph limitation.

More
01 Feb 2021 11:44 #3 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN
I have an Alon so can't comment directly on the M10 but what I've noticed is if the canopy is closed but the interior latches not fastened the canopy will "open" wider at the back greatly increasing airflow through the cabin. I've only flown a couple of time with it truly open but it seems like it would stay with the plane. I did not push the 100mph speed limit so don't know how the higher speeds would impact it.

• Scott Engelhart
  • Topic Author
31 Jan 2021 22:40 #4 by Scott Engelhart
FLYING WITH CANOPY OPEN was created by Scott Engelhart
Not having ANY responses regarding my post about canopy LATCHES, just thought I'd post another question regarding M10 guys who fly with the canopy open. Do you feel OK with the canopy being secure while open? I mean does it seem secure, no occilation or vibration being somewhat back and below the airstream?? Please somebody comment!

Thanks guys

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds