Breadcrumbs

Nose wheel assembly

More
10 May 2023 01:30 #1 by Martin Gibbs
Replied by Martin Gibbs on topic Nose wheel assembly
Thank you Alex. I will do that.
Yes, I have ordered form Vern in the past. Absolutely agree, very pleasant and knowledgeable man.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alex Gilson
  • Topic Author
09 May 2023 16:58 #2 by Alex Gilson
Replied by Alex Gilson on topic Nose wheel assembly
I don’t recall precisely what he called it, but he knew exactly what I was talking about when I described the problem (Firestone 5.00x5 wheel, no land for circlip to hold in bearing and seal assembly). Very pleasant guy too. I’d be surprised if he didn’t know exactly what to do for you.

More
09 May 2023 02:07 #3 by Martin Gibbs
Replied by Martin Gibbs on topic Nose wheel assembly
Hi Alex. Do you have a name or description of that part. Something that either Vern called it or would recognize it by. Easier for me to describe when I call Vern to order some. I've been looking for some missing parts (grease seals) for my Alon nose wheel assembly. I have the same issue of there being no indent/groove on the inner surface of the wheel casting that will hold a snap ring. Maybe this is the part I've been looking for. You can check out my post in the Alon specific section titled "Goodyear nose wheel assembly 9532962 parts".
Thanks Alex.
Martin

• Alex Gilson
  • Topic Author
01 May 2023 12:44 #4 by Alex Gilson
Afraid I couldn't, and now it's back in the plane. But very easy to get - call Vern, he has them, they're cheap and he'll get them to you quickly. 

And fwiw, this did solve the problem - that outer grease seal was worn down to the point it no longer held on to the wheel. These are a nice tight fit.

More
25 Apr 2023 22:36 #5 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Nose wheel assembly
I can read National on your seal hope you can give the number off of it. Please if you can?

• Alex Gilson
  • Topic Author
25 Apr 2023 10:03 #6 by Alex Gilson
Jerry, I didn't watch my A&P disassemble mine, but it definitely didn't require splitting the wheel. There was banging involved. That said, I'd highly recommend giving Vern a call instead of trusting anything I have to say on the matter. 

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds