Breadcrumbs

Nose wheel assembly

More
25 Apr 2023 06:30 #7 by Jerry Nograsek
Replied by Jerry Nograsek on topic Nose wheel assembly
Thanks Alex, i have to say that parts looks nothing like the current one on my wheel. Also, it’s how to apply force from the other side that has me wondering? I’m guessing you would have to disassemble the tire and tube and split the wheel.
I can’t say this is a design that I care for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alex Gilson
  • Topic Author
24 Apr 2023 22:01 #8 by Alex Gilson
Replied by Alex Gilson on topic Nose wheel assembly
Attached is the part I got from Vern. As I gather, this should be the outermost piece in the stack, and should have to be installed with some force into place, as nothing keeps it in place but interference with the inner surface of the wheel casting.

Regarding how you would disassemble the wheel, I'm pretty sure that's just a matter of applying force to the assembly from the other side. 

Attachments:

More
24 Apr 2023 17:11 #9 by Jerry Nograsek
Alex, I’m very interested what that piece your getting looks like. Please post a picture when you receive it
Still, the question I have is, “how do you disassemble it?

• Alex Gilson
  • Topic Author
24 Apr 2023 17:04 #10 by Alex Gilson
Replied by Alex Gilson on topic Nose wheel assembly
That was quite helpful Jerry, thanks!

I spoke with Vern a couple days ago. His commentary, which I'm hopefully relaying faithfully here, is that the last piece in the stack, that sort of cupped washer, loses shape from being knocked in and out of the wheel. He's got a part that replaces it, which isn't identical but can easily be modified for the purpose, and sent me a couple.

It'll probably be the weekend before I can get to it, but will report back then with results.

More
23 Apr 2023 14:04 #11 by Jerry Nograsek
This is the other wheel that I put on. This to me is the norm
Attachments:

More
23 Apr 2023 13:54 - 23 Apr 2023 13:56 #12 by Jerry Nograsek
Alex, I don’t know if this much help. This wheel came off a plane that sat for decades abide in a dry hanger. There is an outer washer where the snap ring would normally go. It does not rotate or move at all. Then there is a thin washer and then the bearing. I would have thought that there should have been felt washer in both side of that thin washer, but nothing. I’m guessing they just Disintegrated?? I have no idea how the assembly comes apart?
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Apr 2023 13:56 by Jerry Nograsek. Reason: Add picture

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds