Breadcrumbs

Continental C90-12F

• cubvarga
  • Topic Author
22 May 2016 09:52 #7 by cubvarga
Replied by cubvarga on topic Continental C90-12F
Larry first off nice 5 string banjo. I also play the 5 string banjo. I bought 4 prewar TB conversion banjos to 5 strings from Jim Mills.
Larry you said that it has been done with a Field Approval 337 . Do you know anyone that has the 337 to change to a C 90 by any chance. Does anyone reading this post have a 337 or know anyone that has done this change. I would be most pleased for any help in this matter. TKS....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2016 09:56 #8 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Continental C90-12F
There is no STC for putting a C90 or O200 into a 415C. It has been done via field approval. Check with your IA and see if he thinks the FSDO will approve it. It's getting harder and harder to get field approvals, since the field engineers are now being replaced by bureaucrats. Obviously, you don't want to do any work until it's approved by the FSDO. I think there are some FSDOs that are more like to approve things than others. Maybe someone can suggest a good FSDO to try. Good luck!

• cubvarga
  • Topic Author
19 May 2016 08:29 #9 by cubvarga
Continental C90-12F was created by cubvarga
I have a C90-12F with about 160 TCMO hours on it. And I want to install it in my Ercoupe 415C with max weight 1260 lbs..
Is it possible to install the C90-12F with a 337. I was told by someone that if I increased my max weight to 1320 lbs. That I would have weight to spare. I've been looking but There is no STC for the C90-12F engine swap. I know someone out there has done this change legally and I want to know what must be done to keep it legal in weight and balance. Also not going to a max weight of1400 lbs. changing it to a 415D. Thom.....

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds