Breadcrumbs

× This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

There was a time

More
17 Jun 2023 15:21 #1 by James Gouin
Replied by James Gouin on topic There was a time
I agree warren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lynn Kramer
09 Sep 2022 14:44 #2 by Lynn Kramer
Replied by Lynn Kramer on topic There was a time
I think that my all metal '46 Coupe is a great bargain compared to most 4 place Cessnas and Cherokees but I think that a comparable 2 seat C150 or Piper Tri Pacer, PA 17 Vagabond are in the same ballpark. There are quite a few nice Citibras around too. I think my Ercoupe is way more handsome and it is useful too. The performance is on par with its peers as well.

More
17 Mar 2022 18:53 - 06 Jul 2023 07:16 #3 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic There was a time
No, I didn't mean to imply you called it a poor man's airplane. I said that! because they were on the lower end of the price scale. I was 16 yrs. getting my lic. Being a poor man, with 4 young ones. Oh, and an unpleasant wife.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2023 07:16 by Super User.

More
17 Mar 2022 14:21 - 17 Mar 2022 14:26 #4 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic There was a time
Warren, I did not say the Coupe was a poor man's airplane. I said just the opposite!! I said I take offense when the other guy (can't find his post now) said it was a poor man's plane. I said it was an EVERY man's plane. I also said the cost of today's new aircraft (Cirrus and Cessna) are ridiculously priced and given those prices, I too AM A VERY POOR MAN. I also said I love my Ercoupe (1st line of second paragraph) and I love flying it around and enjoy getting the attention it gets at out of town airports.

So, please, don't misread what I said in my post. Please reread it.  I LOVE MY COUPE! And PROUD of it!!

By the way...I soloed at 4.1 hours and got my license at 41 hours aback in the day (Oct 15, 1987..my 29th birthday).  My students who applied themselves generally could finish in 42-50 hours (some could have finished quicker but due to the rules of the USAF Aero Club we were at, they had to fly with the chief pilot prior to going for a check ride with the DE and that added 1 to 2 hours).
Last edit: 17 Mar 2022 14:26 by Randy Branson.

More
17 Mar 2022 13:56 #5 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic There was a time
Randy, thanks for your input! It is a different time for sure. I solo in 5 1/2 hrs. '69 my brother in 4 1/2 hrs. '65. Try and find todays Student to say that. I take exception to your thoughts of poor man's airplane. The Coupe has not until reason keep up value of Champs and J3s, C120s, 140s, and a few others. And as to today's aircraft. Well, most of us are poor men. I do love Coupes, and not a bit shamed to say so. What you never find out is what people get when selling their airplanes. So, it is hard to say it is truly a poor man's airplane.

More
17 Mar 2022 09:44 #6 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic There was a time
Matt,

I have the articles now. Thanks! Please submit articles in the future to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds