Breadcrumbs

Wood prop

More
26 Jun 2024 00:55 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Wood prop
Mac 48 & 49 are climb props Higher are cruise props, If you are flying out a short grass field then you want that climb. If you do mostly short flights Makes little dif which prop you have. If you make most longer flights then maybe a higher pitch is called for I Made most 500 +/- trip San Diego to San Josa and gas was affordable then.so I flew mostly all the way in. So go how ever you fly! To me a little faster makes up for a little more gas..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2024 20:28 #2 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Wood prop
Roger that!

More
25 Jun 2024 20:11 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Wood prop
You should be able to use the 71” prop you have on a C-85. I have a 71-49 on my C-85 and I really like that setup.

More
25 Jun 2024 20:06 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Wood prop
Like I said, a major reason has been the fact O-200 crankshafts are easier to find. Having flown different planes, the C-85 at 2500 can deliver more speed and climb since you can still swing a 71 inch prop, unlike the O-200 which is limited to 68 inches.

More
25 Jun 2024 19:27 #5 by Warren Hampton
Mac, you made(me) have fun Power and pitch it is all up to the owners wants.

More
25 Jun 2024 19:20 #6 by Warren Hampton
OK Larry. So in the C85 conver you have more power bigger displacement, but still swing pitch of your choice. What have you gained. What does the power gain give you?, Or why did Forney go to the C90? Or why did Contin make an engine put out more power be the same outside diam. but yet swing the same props? I will give you all this Wood props are pretty. but for performance it's metal all the way. My Alon c90 53 pitch would run in the 130s all day long. Power and pitch, Same wing but more weigh.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds