Breadcrumbs

User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit

More
14 Apr 2023 12:39 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
You can check with the SkyBeacon App on your phone, but I'm guessing if it was reprogrammed after 2020 it probably has the current version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2023 11:43 #2 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
Larry,

I have no idea if that update has been applied. I bought my Ercoupe in May 2020 and the Tailbeacon had been bought prior to 2020 by the gentleman who sold me the airplane and it was still in the box. My mechanic then installed it in August 2020. It worked well until the incident I mentioned around August 2022, and has worked fine since it was reprogrammed then. I don't understand enough to know what firmware update it has.

Tim

More
01 Apr 2023 13:40 #3 by Larry Snyder
Tim, do you know if the firmware update in SB UAV-1003174-002-Rev-B was applied? It came out in late 2020. The version should be 1.5.1. I doubt if it had anything to do with it messing up your tailBeacon, just curious. I know that I am very careful to have my nav lights turned OFF whenever I'm starting or shutting down the engine. I've had my Stratux Raspberry Pi crap out when I left it on while starting the engine, and I had to refresh the SD. Anyone who hasn't upgraded his tailBeacon should check out this page:
uavionix.com/tailbeacon-software-upgrade-to-ads-b-1-5-1/

More
01 Apr 2023 13:29 #4 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
My tail beacon has worked well for two years. About six months ago ATC told me it wasn't working. I had my local avionics shop guys look at it and they reprogrammed it with an iPhone and it has worked well since. Any owner who is modestly techno savvy can do it, but I'm not in that category.

Tim

More
01 Apr 2023 06:19 #5 by Larry Snyder
No problems with my tailBeacon after a couple of years.

More
01 Apr 2023 02:34 #6 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
How about any review/experience with the UAVIONICS SKYBEACON ADSB units. Just watched last weeks episode of Dan Grydert's PROBABLE CAUSE where his UAVIONICS SKYBEACON on his
airborne animal rescue DC-3 took a dump and he had to replace it.
That's an expense I don't need to the tune of $2200. Any ercoupe users out there have ADSB failures?

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds