Breadcrumbs

User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit

More
24 Feb 2023 08:32 #7 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
DC Capital Partners purchased a majority interest in uAvionix last year. They specialize in companies that deal with government stuff, and nothing is more government than the FAA.

They were great to work with when we did our group purchase of nearly 200 ADS-B out units (skyBeacon and tailBeacon) a few years ago. I hope they stay that way.

The products coming from uAvionix are amazing. In the world of UAS, they’re heading toward an integrated position control system that will make the skies safer for everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2023 08:09 #8 by William James
Replied by William James on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
installed tail beacon and 2 AV-30 's in my ercoupe . . . all worked fine with exception 1 AV-30 had an attitude indication failure . . . they replaced the unit no charge . The AV 's are a little hard to absorb their capabilities as they are substantial . Very good company , seems I read where they may have been sold to another company ?

More
23 Feb 2023 23:18 #9 by Ron Holmes
Replied by Ron Holmes on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
I just wish I knew enough to join the conversation...  I don't... 
Attachments:

More
23 Feb 2023 20:31 #10 by George Sellers
Replied by George Sellers on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
Tim be sure to check the regs concerning the requirement of a compass.
We have a Garmin Aera 660 and a Garmin GDL-50. The GDL-50 has started to be sensitive about the Bluetooth functioning and the GPS booting up. I carry a back-up GPS at all times plus my IPhone and an IPAD.
Maybe Larry could tell you how to post pictures of your panel. I would really be interested in seeing it.
Yes, my wife and I are enjoying the AV-30. It has lots of great features.

More
23 Feb 2023 16:52 #11 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
My AV-30C is paired with a Garmin Aera760 GPS fed by a Garmin GDL-50 ADSB-in. I had two compasses, one DG and one a floating free-spinning unit (forgot the technical name). Both were 20-30 degrees incorrect. The avionics tech showed me that somehow the amount of metal in the airframe, etc .,were interfering. I decided to pull them out since they were essentially worthless. The avionics installer insisted on me having a backup altimeter and airspeed indicator or he would not install the AV-30C. I bought an overhauled version of each, and they are installed on the right side of my panel as a backup. The airspeed indicator is in MPH so at normal flying speeds it indicates about 3-4 faster than my AV-30C displaying knots. I would be glad to post a photo of my new panel, but can't figure out how to do it.
Tim

More
23 Feb 2023 16:35 #12 by George Sellers
Replied by George Sellers on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
Tim you did replace your compass didn’t you? What do you have your AV30 paired with? Will you post some pictures of your new panel?

Thanks-/George

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds