Breadcrumbs

User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit

More
23 Feb 2023 16:31 #13 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
Tim, if you replaced your airspeed indicator you MUST have the AV-30 configured for MPH (per the TC). If not, then it's just confusing. ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2023 16:29 #14 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
Sounds great! I keep my GPS in knots/nautical miles, that’s kind of what ATC expects. Could you write down your experiences with the AV-30 and send them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.? It’s about time we published an update on these new avionics. I’ll send some cheap EOC SWAG if you do!!

More
23 Feb 2023 16:21 #15 by Tim Cowden
Replied by Tim Cowden on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
I had an AV-30C added as part of my complete instrument panel replacement last year. I've got about 25 hours of experience with it and I love it. One thing I forgot to do was tell them to use mph for airspeed so it indicates in knots. In my configuration it calculates headings by GPS and I am happy with that. The old compasses I replaced were 20-30 degrees off.

Tim

More
09 Feb 2023 11:10 #16 by George Sellers
Replied by George Sellers on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
We installed it about a year ago and love it. The only glitch is the DG that wanders, but that will be corrected with the release of the magnetometer that will be released this year:) It is the best addition to our panel so far.

More
09 Feb 2023 07:25 #17 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
I have the AV-30 and AVlink in my coupe and love them, With the avlink I can update the AV-30 without cables, it also allows me to see traffic on the AV-30. I also have the outside air temp probe which allows the AV-30 to compute density altitude. I still have to add the cable connections to my GPS, which will show GPS information on the DG display. .

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
08 Feb 2023 07:46 #18 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic User experience/review uAvionix AV-30 unit
I have two G5's in my plane and their fine. I really wish uAvionics had the AV-30 available when I was making that change. There have been some maturation issues with both Garmin and uAvionics, but I really like the path uAvionics is on.

Your young "friends" are lacking grace and have a limited understanding of how things work. Garmin was not the first with their avionics, but has played a nice catch up game.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds