Breadcrumbs

Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?

• William McCormick
  • William McCormick's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 May 2023 20:40 #25 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
Forgot to ask about the weight STC, some place I can look that up for details? I'd assume it shaves a fair amount off the climb rate and performance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• William McCormick
More
13 May 2023 20:39 #26 by William McCormick
Replied by William McCormick on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
Ouch! 12lbs for an AI? And I thought I needed to lose weight... Emailed/Texted the owner & broker, getting the actual W&B Monday, this one does not have an AI. As long as the pre-buy goes well I'd love to take this one back to it's original configuration and lighten it as much as possible.

More
13 May 2023 18:47 #27 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity?
A 415C has a maximum gross weight of 1260 pounds but it can be increased to 1320 via STC. Empty weight is different for every airplane. There must be a weight and balance sheet in the airplane to be legal and it would have that airplaneā€™s empty weight. As for fuel capacities, earlier models had 5 gallon cowl tanks and later ones were 6. All post war Ercoupes had a tank in each wing. Some were 8 gallons and some were 9. Most are 9. So that airplane has at least 5+8+8=21 gallon capacity and possibly 6+9+9=24 gallons.
By the way, I doubt if your empty weight is anywhere near 749. More like 947! Our planes have gotten heavier with interiors, instruments, etc. I had an artificial horizon in mine that weighed 12 pounds and barely worked!

• William McCormick
More
13 May 2023 18:35 - 13 May 2023 18:37 #28 by William McCormick
Weight & Balance and Fuel Capacity? was created by William McCormick
Hi all,

I am seeing different weights and fuel capacities, I am in the middle of purchasing a 415-C LSA with rudder pedal kit, looking for the Min & Max weights and total fuel capacity. Some places are saying 14 gallons, others 24 gallons and most say a Min of 749 with a Max of 1260 with a useful load of 511 lbs. I know there are three tanks, two wing tanks feeding into the center tank via pumps.

Any insight is appreciated

Cheers,

Mac
Last edit: 13 May 2023 18:37 by William McCormick.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds